You might be a child of the 80's if...
- You wore anything Izod, especially those windbreakers
that folded up into a pouch you could wear around your
- You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember when
Jordache jeans were cool.
- In your sophomore class picture, you're wearing an Izod
shirt with the collar "up."
- Your "dressy" wordrobe centered on pastels and linen
blazers - guys included.
- You know, by heart, the words to any "Weird" Al
- You remember when Madonna was just htting the scene.
- The Brady Bunch movie brought back cool memories.
- "The Reflex" was a cool song.
- You remember "Battlestar: Galactica."
- Three words: "Atari," "Apple," and "Pong."
- You remember the days that hooking your computer into
your television wasn't an expensive option that
required gadgets - it was the ONLY option.
- You remember the original version of Windows: Macintosh.
- You remember the days when "safe sex" meant "my parents
are gone for the weekend."
- You thought "Wierd Science" was a masterpiece.
- You remember any or all of the following:
- Echo & the Bunnymen, Cutting Crew, Scritti Politti, or
Orchestral Meneouvers in the Dark.
- Chevy Chase was really funny in those vacation movies.
- You remember "Friday Night Videos" before the days of
- A predominant color in your childhood photos is
- While in high school, you and all your friends
discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the
end of the century and play "1999" by Prince over and
- You remember when music that was labeled "alternative"
- You took family trips BEFORE the invention of the
- You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced
the cars behind you.
- You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of
the following phases: - "When I was younger" - "When
I was your age" - "You know, back when..." - "Just
can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"
- Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually
learned the English language.
- You're starting to view getting carded to buy alcohol
as a GOOD thing, and you're ready to marry the next
person who cards you when you want to buy cigarettes.
- You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either
a Duran Duran, Madonna, Rick Springfield, or Cyndi
- You actually know who Rick Springfield is.
- You remember with pain the sad day when the Green
Machine hit the streets and made your old Big Wheel
- The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over
- You remember when film critics raved that no movie
could ever possibly get better special effects than
those in the movie TRON.
- You jammed to the Miami Vice theme and thought Jan
Hammer was cool.
- You wanted to move to Hawaii because that's where
- For the girl crazy bunch: Your first seuxal dream
occurred to thoughts of Jeannie, Marsha Brady, Samantha
from Bewitched or, for those hardcore comic fans out
there, Daphne from Scooby Doo, Josie or any one of her
- And for the boy crazy bunch: You thought Sean Cassidy
was "dreamy", lusted after "Ted, your ship's
photographer" on the Love Boat and Chachi, or, to keep
it fair to the comically interested, thought Fred was
just a hunk on Scooby Doo.
- Your hair, at some point in time in the 80's, became
something which can only be described by the phrase "I
- Guys: You remember when a guy piercing his ear was
radical to the max, but did it anyhow.
- This timeline appropriately describes actual events in
your life: Star Wars opens, you are still in single
digit ages, and you think the creatures are WAY cool.
Empire Strikes Back opens, you are now in early double
digit ages, and you are convinced that the special
effects are much better, the characters are cool, and
you want one of every collectible out there. Return of
the Jedi hits the theaters...you are now a teenager,
and you cannot get your eyes off Princess Leia's
breasts/Han Solo's butt.
- You've ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton,
but not in the last five years, okay?
- You actually remember Benetton.
- You're starting to believe (now that it wouldn't affect
YOU) that maybe having the kids go to school year-round
wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.
- You're doing absolutely nothing with anything
pertaining to your major degree.
- You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon.
- U2 is too "popular" and "mainstream" for you now.
- You spent endless nights dreaming about being the
Bionic Woman/Man or Wonder Woman/the Incredible Hulk.
- You remember "Hey, let's be careful out there."
- You ever wanted to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven"
on the guitar and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by
yourself in your room.
- You know all the words to the double album set of
Grease. "All-skate, change directions" means something
- You ever rang someone's doorbell and said "Landshark."
- You bought a pair of Vanns and wanted to order a pizza
in history class so you could be just like Jeff Spicoli
in Fast Times as Ridgemont High.
- You owned a Trapper Keeper.
- You remember when there was only "G, PG and R", none of
this PG-13 crap.
- You learned to swim about the same time Jaws came out
and still carry the emotional scars to this day.
- Wonder twin powers, activate . . . form of a an
iceberg, shape of a hammer.
- You remember when your cable TV box had a sliding selector switch
- You actually believed everything Leonard Nimoy told you on "In
- Your jaw would ache by the time you finished those "brick-sized"
packages of Bazooka gum.
- Bo and Luke Duke.
- VCR's cost $1,000.
- There was nothing strange about Bert n' Ernie living together.
- Rotary dial telephones.
- You anxiously awaited "That's Incredible" with Fran Tarkenton and
- You were unsure if Diet Coke would ever catch on, after all, look
- This rings a bell "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."