- The average lifespan of an eyelash is five months.
- A spider has transparent blood.
- Every acre of American crops harvested contains 100 pounds of
- Prince Charles is an avid collector of toilet seats.
- Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.
- An adult has 206 bones, while a newborn infant has 300.
- The most common street name in the U.S. is Second Street.
- American children ages 6-14 have 6 billion dollars in small
- Tehran is the most expensive city on earth.
- The sweat drops drawn in cartoon comic strips are called pleuts.
- Babies are most likely to be born on Tuesdays.
- About one million Americans drink coke for breakfast.
- The HyperMart outside of Garland Texas has 58 check-outs.
- The Minneapolis phone book has 21 pages of Andersons.
- In the 1980's American migraines increased by 60%.
- Poland is the "stolen car capital of the world".
- In Florida, there are grasshoppers with the wingspan of a small
- The state name Iowa comes from an Indian word meaning "one who
puts to sleep".
- South Carolina has 179 different license plate designs.
- Life Savers got their start in Cleveland.
- Meteor literally means anything up in the air.
- Jefferson invented the dumbwaiter, the monetary system, and the
folding attic ladder.
- Uranium decays by half every 4.5 billion years.
- The Hundred Years War started in 1619 and ended is 1648.
- The S in Harry S. Truman did not stand for anything.
- In Micronesia, coins are 12 feet across.
- Wyatt Earp died of natural causes.
- Napoleon is known as the father of canning.
- A quarter pounder with cheese has 500 calories.
- The atmosphere on Mars is so thin it would make a humans blood
- The Indian elephant has the littlest ears among elephants,
spanning 3 feet across.
- If the sun were to blow out, it would take us eight minutes to
- A horse can look forward with one eye and back with the other.
- During growth spurts, a baby can grow inches overnight.
- An earthworms heart is wrapped around its esophagus.
- Potatoes produce natural valium.
- Glandular secretions of the beaver are used to produce chewing gum.
- A flamingo can stand on one leg for four hours.
- An adult moth never eats.
- Shakespeare is quoted 33,150 times in the Oxford English
- The word Pennsylvania is misspelled on the Liberty Bell.
- Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team.
- The average person eats 50 bananas a year.
- You spend 7 years of your life in the bathroom.
- There is 92 times as much pressure on Venus than on earth.
- There are 187,888 lakes in Finland.
- Grease Wrestling is the national sport of Turkey.
- A family of 26 could go to the movies in Mexico city for the price
of one in Tokyo.
- 10,000 Dutch cows pass through the Amsterdam airport each year.
Wil's Note: Some of these seem a bit suspect and vague. Babies are
more likely to be born on Tuesday? By what margin?