About the company:
Sonic.net, founded in 1994 from a project at Santa Rosa Junior College, provides broadband access to consumers and wholesale partners in a thirteen state region. Our leading product is "Fusion", which combines unlimited broadband and unlimited local and long distance home telephone service.
We recently hired our 100th employee -- after adding nearly 30% more staff during the past two years. We were recently chosen to operate and support the trial fiber-to-the-home network that Google is building at Stanford University, and are currently building our own fiber-to-the-home network in Sebastopol, CA.
Full Time, at our corporate headquarters in Santa Rosa, CA.
Sonic.net, Inc is seeking a IPTV Architect to design, build and deploy our next generation IPTV platform. You must have an in depth understanding of video compression technologies, IP connectivity, conditional access and digital rights management system and set-top boxes. You must be able to demonstrate that you have experience and understanding of the interaction between the different components and how they work together in an end-to-end solution. You must also be demonstrate and understanding of the business aspects and will need to coordinate with various departments, eg the NOC and SOC for a successful implementation. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Architect a full end-to-end solution for TV delivery over the Internet from ingestion and transcoding, to the CDN and end user experience.
- Manage relationships with vendors and/or system integrators.
- Recommend technical architecture and operational best practices.
- Bachelors degree in electrical or computer engineering
- Minimum five years related experience in satellite and/or terrestrial transmission systems
- Knowledgeable in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration, and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems
- Deep understanding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC software compression and streaming video technologies including HLS.
- Deep understanding of set-top boxes, middleware, digital rights management, encryption, and the integration into office back-end system.
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Health Plans (Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, and Kaiser options)
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life and ADND Insurance
- Educational Benefits
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- High Speed Internet Access
- Casual work environment
- Lounge/break area includes, free play arcade, ping pong, fresh brewed Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate
- And yes, we are a dog friendly work environment :)
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, using hands and fingers to handle feel, and type. The employee is constantly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, push, and lift up to 50 lbs.