Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Sonic.net is seeking an UNIX Systems Administrator to join our team. We maintain a large scale heterogeneous environment of Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems. There will be quite a bit of out of the box thinking, problem resolution and solid methodical troubleshooting of various systems, including OS, hardware and or network related issues.
- Routine server tuning, maintenance, trouble-shooting and deployment.
- Deployment of new services and features.
- Create tools to automate daily tasks.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Hands on UNIX systems administration experience for Linux and BSD variants.
- Experience supporting 24/7 high availability production services.
- In depth knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, FTP and HTTP.
- In depth knowledge troubleshooting common x86 server hardware.
- Proven programming and/or scripting experience (perl, php, c and shell).
- Experience with network troubleshooting, design, security and management a plus.
- Should be self motivated and able to meet goals with little oversight.
- Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm
- On-call rotation
- Health Plans (Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, and Kaiser options)
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life and ADND Insurance
- Educational Benefits
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- High Speed Internet Access
- Casual work environment
- Lounge/break area includes, free play arcade, ping pong, fresh brewed Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate
- And yes, we are a dog friendly work environment :)