Sonic.net is seeking qualified individuals to work in our Installation Department. We provide installation support for a number of Internet connection and Telco products to our subscriber base in the greater bay area. Installers are responsible for both initial installation and truck rolls to troubleshoot on-site connectivity.
The Installer position will require a clean DMV and a willingness to work outdoors. Experience with wiring and familiarity with typical telephone wiring is a plus to joining the Installation group.
Installers will work closely with our support team. The support team currently consists of a mid-sized group working in a casual, yet fast-paced environment. Good office etiquette, communication and team-working skills are vital.
- Familiarity with current operating systems
- Basic knowledge of networking and dial-up hardware
- Working understanding of common Internet browsers and mail clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Hands-on experience with DSL is a plus
- Linux shell and networking skills are not required, but beneficial
- Previous experience with telco or home internal wiring is a plus
- Health Plans (Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, and Kaiser options)
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life and ADND Insurance
- Educational Benefits
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- High Speed Internet Access
- Casual work environment
- Lounge/break area includes, free play arcade, ping pong, fresh brewed Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate
- And yes, we are a dog friendly work environment :)
How to Apply:
We request that you do not call or drop in to the office to discuss the position unless you have a scheduled interview. Walk-in resumes are OK.