|To be the leading
international organization of business and professional
women united through volunteer efforts to enable women
and girls to live their dreams, take control of their
lives, and live according to their own values.
||Improving the lives of
women and girls, in local communities and throughout the
world enabling them to take control of their lives and
live their dreams.
Soroptimist International of Cloverdale is part of the world's largest classified service organization for executive and professional women, Soroptimist International.
Sharing of our time, talents and financial resources, Soroptimists enrich our communities by:-improving the lives of women and girls
-helping women achieve economic and political equality
-serving as a global voice for women
-providing outstanding leadership development opportunities for women
-working to enhance world peace and understanding
A Soroptimist is
a leader in her community. She is actively engaged in
a management or professional capacity, in the private
or public sector, or in any occupation with comparable
status or comparable responsibilities.
ON A LOCAL LEVEL
Since its charter
in 1981, Soroptimist International of Cloverdale has
been actively engaged in providing service to our
community. The Boy's and
Girl's Club of Cloverdale was founded by the
Soroptimists. As Soroptimists, we offer citizenship awards and vocational scholarships
to teens as well as training
awards to women in job market re entry programs.
ON A NATIONAL LEVEL
International of the Americas, (SIA)
support the following programs:
1. Women's Opportunity Awards-This program aids women who, as primary wage-earners for their families, must enter or return to the workforce.
2. Club Grants for Women and Girls- This program awards Soroptimist clubs capital for initiating or continuing innovative community projects that benefit women and girls.
3. Domestic Violence Initiatives-Preventing and eliminating domestic violence is a major SIA focus
4. Violet Richardson Awards-This award recognizes young women who make the community and world a better place through volunteer efforts.
5. Disaster Relief Fund for Women and Girls-This fund provides financial assistance to regions affected by natural disasters or acts of war.
6. Making a Difference for Women Award-This program acknowledges women who, through personal and professional activities, work to improve the lives of other women and girl
ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVELSIA is one of four federations making up Soroptimist International, which coordinates global projects.
Soroptimist International is a worldwide service organization for women, committed to a world where women and girls together achieve their individual and collective potential, realize aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong peaceful communities worldwide. Every year, on Human Rights Day (December 10) the President of Soroptimist International invites all Soroptimists to join her in supporting a project under the theme "Educate to Lead". The 2012 president's appeal for 2012 is Birthing in the Pacific. Three women per day die in Papua New Guinea due to complications of pregnancy or childbirth. Birthing in the Pacific aims to save lives by increasing access to skilled birth attendants and health care services.Program Focus Objectives
1 - Increase access to formal and non formal learning opportunities
2 - Improve access to economic empowerment and sustainable opportunities for the employment of women
3 - Eliminate violence against women and girls and ensure women's participation in conflict resolution
4 - Ensure women and girls have food security and access to the highest attainable standard of health care
5 - Address the specific needs of women and girls by improving environmental sustainability, and mitigating effects of climate change and disasters
|Soroptimist International of Cloverdale has brought together many dedicated volunteers to share their experiences and expertise through continued community service. We welcome all interested persons to attend one of our meetings and learn more about our role in this community.|