WELCOME TO THE
GREAT PYRENEES LIBRARY
New articles will be added to this library as interest warrants.Many of these articles have been published in the Pyr News and Notes, the newsletter of the Great Pyrenees Club of California or by another regional Pyr club newsletter and copyrights are held by the authors.
To return to this page, click on the at the bottom of each page.
DEATH, GRIEF AND PET LOSS
LINKS TO INFO ON LIVESTOCK GUARDIAN BREEDS
These articles are not meant as a substitute for your veterinarian's advice
See also GENETIC ISSUES
- 2 Dogs 2000 miles - one man and two Pyrs walk cross country to raise funds to fight osteosarcoma in dogs
- Addison's disease links.
- Recent Advances in Veterinary Anethesia and Analgesia: Companions Animals
- Bloat Links and Information
Bloat: 22 Signs of Bloat
- Bone Cancer Information
- Cancer in the Canineby Pamela Davol
- Cancer report from Center for Companion Animal Health, UC Davis from Fall 2008 CCAH Newsletter -
- Canine Cardiology
- Poison in your yard: Cocoa Bean Shell Mulch
- Cushings Disease
- Cruciate Ligament tear/rupture
- Debarking - Cruelty, or lifesaving surgery?
- Degenerative Mylopathy - GPCA Health Committee Report (requires Adobe Reader)
- Degenerative Spinal Mylopathy Resources
- Do you know when your dog is sick?
- Ear Cleaning Techiques by Joanne Howl, DVM
- Eye Diseases - CERF
- Canine Epilepsy Network
- Exercise and the Dysplastic Pup
- Optimal Feeding of Large Breed Pups by Jennifer Bones Larsen, DVM
- Foxtails - a dangerous awned grass - Illustration and effects
- Gait - normal and lame - Excellent videos
- Preventing Heartworm in Your Dog
- Heat Stroke - Save your Dog by Susan Chaney
- American Heartworm Society info on Heartworm
- Hip X-Ray Without Anesthesia: One Owner's View
- Kidney disease in pups - Juvenile Renal Dysplasia
- Laryngial Paralysis (Geriatic Onset Laryngial Paralysis Polyneuropathy -GOLPP)
- Lyme Disease
- Leptospirosis - New Form of an Old Disease - Cornell Univ.
- Mosquitoes - bites and repellants
- Neutering: Benefits and Safety
- Neutering:Early Spay/Neuter
- Neutering: Determining the optimal age for gonadectomy of dogs and cats
by Margaret V. Root Kustritz, DVM, PhD, DACT
- Neutering: Update on benefits and risks as regards longevity and cause of death.
- Neutering: Benefits and risks - an Evidence Based Approach
- Overweight, too thin or just right? Body Condition Score.
- Pain - - Guidelines for the Recognition and Assessment of Animal Pain
- Pharmaceutical information on common medications including effects, side effects and warnings.
- Poisonous Plants in Your Yard
- Portosystemic Shunt ("liver shunt")
- Storm Phobia Treatment Karen L. Overall, VMD, Ph.D., Dipl. ACVB
- Summary of Tufts study on effect of dietary protein on canine aggression
- Tapeworms: Life cycle of Dipylidium caninius and Echinococcus sp.
- Tick-borne diseases, other than Lyme
- Thyroid testing - Why is the Michigan State testing the "gold standard"?
- Urinary Incontinence in the bitch.
- Vaccination Protocols - UC Davis VMTH
- Valley Fever in Dogs
- West Nile Virus links below
- Vestibular disease in the older canine.
- Why is my dog Vomiting?
Pyr-puppy stories by Gene Titus ©
VIRUS HOAXES - The Real Story
Return to main page