Friday, Dec. 11, 1998 ... 6-9 a.m.
Had a very good interview with Stewart Gillmore, whose recent CD with Anthony Braxton has been in our rotation of late. Volumes over the phone were quite low (Stewart was in Connecticut), but hopefully the results were audible over the air, because we had quite a good talk. I'm hoping Stewart can stop by the studio for a live chat sometime this winter.
Ended up staying for the 9-noon shift as well, as no replacement arrived (despite some on-air pleas -- I even threatened to play ELP if no one showed up. Maybe KZSU DJs are closet ELP fans.)
Format (stolen from Cat):
ARTIST -- "SONG TITLE" -- ALBUM (LABEL, YEAR)
Renee Rosnes - "The Sounds around the House" - Ancestors (EMI, 1996)
Andy Laster - "Chrysolite" - Polyogue (Songlines, 1995)
* Blythe/Eyges/Ditmas - "Morning Call" - Synergy (In & Out, 1997)
* Simone Mauri - "USA & Jet" - Produzione Propria Ensemble (Altri Suoni, 1998)
* Mark Whitecage - "High Tech #7" - Split Personality (GM, 1998)
* Pyramid Trio - "Ogala Eclipse" - Ancestral Homeland (No More, 1998)
* Noel Akchote - "Body and Soul" - Lust Corner (Winter & Winter, 1998)
* Joelle Leandre & William Parker - "Duet Two" - Contrabasses (Leo, 1998)
* Graham Connah's Sour Note Seven - "Belly on up to the Barline" - Gurney to the Lincoln Center of Your Mind (Rastascan, 1998)
* Clemens Merkel, violin - "Piece pour Ivry," Bruno Maderna (1971) - Maderna, Beuger, von Schweinitz, Stiegler (Timescraper, 1996)
* Paul Bley, Furio DiCastri, Tony Oxley - "Street Wise" - Chaos (Soul Note, 1998)
* Rohr/McBride/McLellan - "Just Get in the Van" - They Sent Three Henchmen (Day Job, 1998)
* David S. Ware - "The Way We Were" - Go See the World (Columbia, 1998)
* Anthony Braxton/Stewart Gillmore Duo - "Rosetta" ... "Battle Cry" ... "Skylark" ... "Kansas City Man Blues" - 14 Compositions (Traditional) (Leo, 1998)
* = Item in rotation at KZSU
(No pop anomalies this week.)
-- Go back to Memory Select playlists.