California State Historic Landmark 124
#124 Mark Twain Bret Harte Trail
Early day stopping place for men and mount. Named for Judge Anson A.H. Tuttle, who built first log cabin here in 1848. Stones used in this base from old Swerer Store, built in 1854, remains of which still exist, 1949. Mark Twain traded here. Tuttletown Hotel, built in 1852, and still standing in 1949, was last operated by John Edwards.
Nothing remains of this site.
On State Hwy 49 (PM 24.8) at Wilcox Ranch Road, Tuttletown.
Return to other landmarks in Tuolumne county.
Send comments to: