Campo De Cahuenga
California State Historic Landmark 151
#151 Campo de Cahuenga
"Here was made the treaty of Cahuenga by General Andres Pico commanding forces for Mexico and Lt.-Col. J.C. Fremont, U.S. Army for the United States. By this treaty, agreed upon January 13th, 1847, the United States acquired California; finally secured to us by the treaty of Guadalupe Hildago, made February 2nd, 1848."
The above legend was written February 9th, 1898 by Mrs. Jessie Benton Fremont.
3919 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: