Site of Mission Vieja
California State Historic Landmark 161
This tablet was erected by Walter P. Temple and blessed by Right-Reverend John J. Cantwell, bishop of Monterey and Los Angeles July 31, 1921, to commemorate the founding of Mission San Gabriel Archangel, on this ground, at Old Mission by Rev. Fathers Angel Somero and Pedro B. Gambon Sept. 8, 1771.
Nothing remains of this site.
SW corner of N San Gabriel Blvd and N Lincoln Ave, Montebello.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: