California State Historic Landmark 296
Copper discovered here by W. K. Reed and Thomas McCarty in 1860. Mines utilized during the Civil War and the first and second World Wars. During Civil War period was principal copper producing section of United States.
Department of Forestry station, 375 Main St, Copperopolis.
Return to other landmarks in Calaveras county.
Send comments to: