Serra Springs

California State Historic Landmark 522

Plaque exists. Site exists. Landmark location.

Plaque Photo:

#522 The National Society Sons of the American Colonists
California State Society Los Angeles, John Borton Chapter

Marked this day March 20, 1976 as a California Historical Spanish Colonial Landmark. "In 1770 Portola encamped at the springs as part of the Rancho San Vicente-Santa Monica known as the
1. Junipero Serra Springs 2. El Berrendo 3. San Gregorio 4. San Vicente Springs. This site is on the El Camino Real route, used by the mission fathers and discovered by the Franciscan missionary priests and by Father Junipero Serra, who liked its waters known by the Indian habitation as "Wounded Deer Springs."

Site Photo:



University High School Horticulture area, 11800 Texas Ave, Los Angeles.

Landmark logo Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.

Send comments to:
Donald Laird