California State Historic Landmark 545
#545 Camp Lincoln
A United States military post was established here September 12, 1862 by the men of Company G, 2nd Regiment, Infantry, California Volunteers, to keep peace between the indians and the miners and settlers of northwestern California. It was abandoned in May 1870. Commanding officers quarters and one barracks remain at the date of dedication of this site.
Take Hwy 199 E to Kings Valley Rd, go 1.2 mi NE to site, Crescent City.
Return to other landmarks in Del Norte county.
Send comments to: