California State Historic Landmark 658
#658 Western Hotel
This building, erected by the Gilroy family in 1874, was purchased in 1902 by George T. Webber, who operated it as the Western Hotel. The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce was organized in its dining room between 1905-1913. Construction crews of the Los Angeles - Owens River aqueduct were housed here, and it became a center of commercial and social activity in the early life of the community.
557 W Lancaster Blvd, Lancaster.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: