National Old Trails Monument
California State Historic Landmark 781
#781 National Old Trails
This bridge marks the site where the National Old Trails Highway, later Highway 66, crossed the Colorado River. It links the Mojave Indian lands visited by Father Garces in 1776. Near this location the American explorer, Jedediah Smith and his band of Rocky Mountain men, crossed the river in 1826 and opened the pioneer trail into southern California.
On shoulder of SW corner of Colorado River bridge, North K St, Needles.
Return to other landmarks in San Bernardino county.
Send comments to: