Chico Forestry Station
California State Historic Landmark 840-2
#840-2 Chico Forestry Station and Nursery
In 1888, the State Board of Forestry established an experimental forestry station and nursery, a companion to the Santa Monica station established in 1887. The two were the first such stations in the nation. Exotic and native trees were tested and produced for scientific and conservation purposes. The station was operated by the Board of Forestry until 1893.
Cedar Grove Picnic Area (World of Trees trailhead), Cedar Grove and E 8th, Bidwell Park, Chico.
Return to other landmarks in Butte county.
Send comments to: