Manager's Self Assessment
Never forget that your organization is a reflection of you and that your
behavior influences the manner in which they work. What you do and how you do
it will affect the way your employees perceive the operating beliefs and values
that define the culture of your organization. You may wish to use the following
checklist as a personal reminder or to develop you own personal rating. It also
serves as a useful vehicle to obtain perceptions from your group.
- Know your customers and their needs?
- Measure and record your department customer satisfaction level?
- Make yourself available to your customers?
- Understand your managers' objectives?
- Communicate entity and other department objectives?
- Reach agreement with your manager about your areas objectives?
- Establish clear objectives with your people?
- Establish and communicate realistic performance measures?
- Regularly spend time with individuals in your group?
- Treat those with whom you work with respect and dignity?
- Maintain a position plan for every member of your department?
- Have regularly scheduled staff meetings?
- Communicate with your people openly, honestly, frequently?
- Periodically review objectives and performance measures?
- Make sure that all performance evaluations are current?
- Communicate performance rankings to your employees?
- Address performance Problems immediately?
- Participate in orientation of new employees?
- Formalize new hire start-up plans?
- Participate in formal training and development programs for yourself?
- Test employees for increased knowledge after training classes?
- Know how people reporting to you feel about their jobs?
- Have a development plan for each of your people?
- Regularly review each employee's development plan for progress?
- Seek feedback on your performance?
- Have a way to measure your employees quality of work life?
- Practice managing by wandering around?
- Return phone calls and respond to messages promptly?
- Catch people doing things right and tell them?
- Follow up on problems and or commitments?
- Provide regular time and attention to your best performers?
- Formally participate in TQC?
- Have department and work process flows documented and followed?
- Have a process to escalate work flow problems and suggestions?
- Maintain confidentiality?
- Share your vision?
- Actively work to improve linkages with peers, customers and suppliers?
Created: Saturday, March 29, 1997, 8:03:09 AM
Last Updated: Saturday, March 29, 1997, 8:03:09 AM