JV_Map, old updates
- I thought I'd come up against an impassable wall with respect to
memroy freeing in Java, but I have since figured out that the problem
appears to be a bug in all implementations of Java 1.3. (I've
tried three VMs on Linux and one on Solaris, and they all have the
problem.) As such, I don't recommend anybody use any version of Java
1.3 at the moment... but I will continue with development of
JV_Map (just using Java 1.1 myself).
- JV_Map 0.9.10 : support for viewing and editing counter comments.
(It's at the bottom of the counter popup menu, which you get with the
right mouse button, or with a shift and hold of the left mouse button,
over a counter.)
- JV_Map 0.9.9 online: Now we have support of BMP images!.
This should make it easier for people to communicate back and forth with
- JV_Map 0.9.8 put online, as part of an attempt to figure out how to
get Java working on bloody Windows machines.
- JV_Map 0.9.6 put online. This version represents a huge code
reorganization. Functionality hasn't changed, but I'm less embarassed
by the source code (meaning I might actually release it at some point),
and it should be easier to reuse the code for other things I hope to do,
like a realtime networked game board.
- Thanks to the knowledge and patience of Guy McLimore, it should now
be a little easier to get JV_Map running on a Mac. Previously, you had
to download the Java SDK; Guy has hopefully already performed that step
for JV_Map 0.8.3. See the installation
instructions page for more info. I've also figured out that the
ever-plaguing redraw bug is still there. Rats.
- Yeah, it's been a long time. Relevant changes include the removal
of the need for a command line, the ability to load a new VMP file
without restarting the program, I believe the fixing of the
"undrawn counters" bug, and some other miscellaneous stuff.
- Release version 0.7.7. I actually finished this version a while
ago, so I can't remember any more what's different about it :) It's
probably better, though.
- Release version 0.6.7, which fixes bugs introduced in version
0.6.5. As a bonus, the full VMP 1.5 file spec is now really supported;
it claimed to have been, but hadn't been, previously. There are even
the standard VMAP-like comments in the save files!
- Release version 0.6.1 beta, and then 0.6.5 beta:
- Hopefully fix the "hang while images loading" problem.
- Now holding down the shift key while clicking on either the
map or a counter will bring up the appropriate popup menu.
I also put in a fix that will hopefully make the "standard"
popup trigger work on more systems. On Linux, the right mouse
button brought up the popup menu, but it wasn't working well
on other systems. Hopefully, this will fix that
problem. (Again, we'll see.)
Last updated 2000-October-24
This page is copyright 2000 by Robert A. Knop Jr. (email@example.com).