- NGS software--Thirty software products offered by NGS, some free. This page has descriptions of the programs and links to them
- Quest--Free demo copy is an on-line text book in itself.
- GPS equipment and software--Links to everything a gps'er needs. Must be something free in there. somewhere.
- John Beadles GPS software links-- Links to some sites with demo GPS and mapping software.
- Starlink's software page-- A Lat/Lon converter and some other very interesting looking GPS software.
- ESRI Free Page-- Free copy of ArcView 1.0 and more !
- MapMaker--Free basic GIS for Windows. Excellent for learning GIS. More user friendly than ESRI.
- GeoFinder 3.1--Thomas Bros.' Mapping Software and data. Demo.
- SimTel GIS ftp site--GIS freeware. Navigate through the directory for free software of all kinds.
Surveying and Mapping
- SeisSoft Molodensky Transform v1.0--A shareware windows coordinate transformation program
- MapDraw--An easy to use deed plotting system.
- SimTel FTP site--Engineering freeware includes dizzy.zip, a route layout package and others, thanks to Paul Kunkel.
- Rollheiser's FTP site--Various goodies, some autolisp, a description writer, etc. coming soon.
- Cogoarc.zip--Not a bad DOS cogo program from Mississippi Hwy. Dept.. Thanks to Bob Chiang for this link. Data files are text. And it's FREE ! Two self extracting files in the .zip file.
- Scrivener v0.8+--A simple DOS program, converts TDS point list to a legal description. Readme and .exe are in legal.zip. I've updated the expired version with a working copy. Try again.
- AutoCAD utilities--Miscellaneous layer utilities and typing shortcuts. Written for production CAD work. Especially useful if you're not using a tablet.
- TRUTIL--A couple HP48 surveying utilities. Single key P->R, R->P ( az., dist.<--> lat., dep. ), law of cosines solution. ( dist., dist., inc. angle -> missing dist. ) all take ddd.mmss input. CC takes station and offset of two points from a CL curve and returns dist. between them. Points can be opposite or same side of CL. Comes in handy. If you download, email me for complete instructions.
- Engineering Software Information Exchange--All kinds of engineering software. Some free?
- Richard Cassera's freeware--Includes Fixpoint, a coordinate transformation program
- Boston Harbor Software--Software for Civil Engineers and Surveyors. Some very interesting looking freebies including a description writer that runs within AutoCad.
- Cadsyst shareware site --A mountain of CAD shareware. This is an awesome site!
- Survey.zip--A shareware cogo program. Prof. David Wahlstrom gave it a good review.
Return to Land Surveying Info