More On Olfactory Interfacing:
- Neurological research has proven that the sense of smell is linked in the brain
to faculties of memory and emotion via a hard-wired neural pathway between
the olfactory bulbs and the limbic system.
- The CyberNose takes full advantage of this link by triggering strong
emotions and memories with smells.
- Our research has led to the discovery that scents are like colors:
that is, they are comprised of various proportions of "primary"
scent agents, just as colors on a computer screen are comprised of
various proportions of red, blue and green.
- Smells are reconstructed within the device's control chamber by
atomizing minute amounts of primary scent chemicals in the proper
proportions, dictated by the .WIF file format.
- The CyberNose provides powerful new opportunities for associative
|| BACK ||