A Curriculum Guide for Teachers, Students and Parents
Index and storage links for Barry Sovel's web pages
- school and district communications
- a homework hotline
- a curricular classroom resource
- directed bookmarks
- return to :Casa Grande Homework Page for Barry Sovel's classes
"Are we preparing kids for our past or their future?"
[Dr. David Thornbird]
I. World War 1 WebQuest
- The WWI WebQuest is designed to help you answer the essential question "What is it like to be in a conflict". You will use primary sources to explore the experience of different participant's roles in World War I and what it may have been like to have been in 'their shoes'.
[Stage 1] Synthesize an understanding of how war affected your particular participant's viewpoint and experience of this war.
[Stage 2]: Share this understanding with a larger group comprised of all the different types of participants, in order to be able to write an analysis and response to the essential question.
[Stage 3]: Provide a group presentation, to the rest of the class, to help all of us understand "What is it like to be in a conflict".
II. Homework Page
This is the homework page for the Barry Sovel's Social Studies courses at Casa Grande High School. In addition to the daily homework assignments and support sheets, it will include information for students and parents about larger program expecations and resources to support theses activities.
IV. Global Connections Curricular Guide:
This curriculum guide has been designed with several objectives in mind.
- to provide a set of annotated links by subject and area to support connecting telecommunications to the classroom.
- to assist research both by subject and by types of search engine
- to provide the major download sites to help get and keep your system up to the levels of ease and output available
- and most of all, to give you some fun and meaty places to begin your introduction to the Internet
V. On-line Internet and Computer Instructions sheets
These step-by step lessons are designed to introduce you to different aspects of using the Internet, browsers, email, search engines and more.
VI. Prealgebra support and related word problems
Analysis of student work activity
Please send your suggestions, ideas or problems to Barry Sovel
For more information about Barry Sovel
These pages last modified 1 January 2004