Who is an American?
IMMIGRANT MUSEUM EXHIBITION
|Overview2. 7. Museum Exhibition Oral History||As a nation of immigrants, America has a
population with diverse histories. Is each immigrant experience unique,
or are there commonalities that make us more similar than it seems?
Did all groups come for similar reasons? Did they encounter the same problems?Ý
Did they share the same outcomes? Did they affect America in similar ways?
Our culminating project, the Immigration Museum, will help us answer these
questions and address the unitís central question: Who is an American?
For this project, you will design and create a museum-style exhibition of one immigrant groupís history and experience in America.
To complete your exhibition:
1. Decide whether to work alone or with a partner.
2. Choose a group from the list provided.
4. Design an exhibition to display the results of your research in an interesting and professional-looking way.
5. Your exhibition should include many of the following items: (* required)
* The title of the group
7. Important: Texts in your display must be the original composition of the creators unless they are primary documents and are appropriately labeled. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE.
8. Even though the exhibition should make sense to the solo viewer, be prepared to act as a ědocentî to your exhibition.